IB ESL is an acronym for Intensive Basic English as a Second Language. From the name itself, it provides “intensive” training to students who want to improve their Basic English language skill, especially in speaking. The students will have lots of opptunities to converse in English, thus, improvement in English happens even in a short period of time.
|STUDY ASSESSMENT SYSTEM||LEVEL RECOMMENDATION:|
|MONTHLY TEST||VOCABULARY TEST|
|Every end of term|
• Written Level Test
• Speaking Test
|• Word List Vocabulary Test|
- Special Group
- Vocabulary Test & Self Study
- 10 Classes +
3 Hours of Self Study
Certificate and Students Class Record
A certifi cate and a student’s class record are issued upon graduating as long as s/he has at least attended 90 % of his/her classes. Student’s class record includes class behaviour, scores and levels that shows his/her English level improvement and overall performance evaluated by the teachers.
- Schedules assigned is ranking dependent.
- Special class is provided depending on the student’s level and purpose of training. Once a student applies, s/he will be strictly monitored for 2 weeks. Thus, attendance is a must.
- Going out is prohibited from Mondays to Fridays.
- Students may go on a trip on weekends and holidays.
- English zones are designated where speaking English is strictly enforced.
- Group classes and Special classes are subject to change.
- 1 class consists of 45 minutes class time and a 10 minute break.
|Speaking||Enhances the speaking skills through interaction with a teacher.|
|Writing & Grammar||Provide exercises through writing exercises while teacher grammar and advance writing.|
|Reading & Listening||Improves reading skills through analyzing context given while listening material are given and guided to improve listening.|
|Discussion Class||2 different classes are given. First group class focuses on pronunciation and intensifi ed small group discussion while the second group class will target grammar, situational English and other important aspects needed to improve.|
|English Patterns||Various common expressions will be practiced and used in a practical conversation set-up.|
|Grammar||Basic English Grammar are taught through different teaching approaches designed for different level of students.|
|CNN or Listen a Minute||Basic English Grammar are taught through different teaching approaches designed for different level of students.|
|Vocabulary||Vocabulary familiarization and tests are given from Monday to Friday.|
|Self-study||Students are given designated seats to study and are strictly monitored by managers.|
* Students can change their schedules depending on their purpose of studying * Group class will be determined based on their levels * Special classes can be changed.
|6:30 – 7:30||Breakfast|